What is the Endocannabinoid System and the Top 5 Research Websites for them?
The endocannabinoid system is the biological system found in humans and animals that is capable of interacting with phytocannabinoids (cannabinoids found in plants). It’s this interaction that allows us to receive the therapeutic and medicinal benefits of the cannabis plant.
When you ingest CBD Oil, for example, your endocannabinoid system is what allows the connection to occur between your body and the active chemical component of the plant (cannabidiol). This, however, is not the only purpose of the endocannabinoid system. It is also responsible for maintaining homeostasis throughout the body. Homeostasis is the natural condition your body needs to maintain in order to be healthy.
In the endocannabinoid system, there are two major endocannabinoids, anandamide and 2-AG. They are made from fat-like molecules within cell membranes that are synthesized on demand. To put it simply, when something is “out of whack” with your body, the endocannabinoids step up immediately to fix the problem. After homeostasis is restored, they are quickly discarded.
If you’d like more information in the endocannabinoid system, you can check out our list of top 5 websites to further your research. They are the following:
1. NCBI will give you a list of studies that have been done on endocannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system. If you’re looking for more specific information, type it into the search bar at the top to narrow down your results.
2. Biolief.com blog is dedicated to providing actual research information and resources for cannabinoid research and will not only provide you with in-depth information on the endocannabinoid system but other information you may want to know concerning CBD as well. Stephanie Curran CEO for BIOLIEF stated ” Our mission is to provide our reader and web visitors with the most up to date content on CBD.
3. The Journal of Young Investigators will give you an in-depth look inside the endocannabinoid system and all its components that allow it to function properly.
4. If you are interested in learning about the discovery of the endocannabinoid system and much more, ECHO connection will give you just that. They pull their information directly from the medical community’s peer-reviewed journals.
5. The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association will also allow you access to a number of studies done on the endocannabinoid system.
CBD (cannabidiol) helps to stimulate the production of endocannabinoids. This is what makes it so effective in treating health problems and maintaining overall wellness. It is important to mention that not all CBD products are made equal and you should only purchase your products from a reliable source. Transparency is of the utmost importance. Here at Biolief, a Florida CBD Oil company, we make all the legal, compliance, and product information available to you so you can feel confident about your decision to move forward with using CBD as a health treatment.